An eye examination should be part of everyone’s normal health routine and is an important part of looking after your eyes. You may think of this as just an eye test, but it’s more than a simple test of your sight. Your optometrist is able to check your eye health and other general health issues during an eye examination and give advice.
Here are some important reasons to have a regular eye examination and look after your eyes:
- It can detect early signs of eye conditions before you notice them.
- It can also detect other general health problems.
- Good vision helps you work and play safely and comfortably. It leads to a better quality of life.
- Your eyes are the only pair you’ve got. If you lose your eyesight it may never be replaced.
- Unlike your teeth, your eyes do not usually hurt if there is something wrong.